Crafters Against Canned Cranberries
Join CACC on it’s fight to bring real, preservative-free cranberries back to holiday tables everywhere!
This holiday season do something for your family and your community by taking the pledge to eradicate our overcrowded turkey day tables of cranberries formed to the shape of a can. Using the simple recipe below you too can make a difference this holiday season.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
2 cups water
2 cups sugar (I tend to use 2.5 cups)
1. Heat water and sugar to boiling on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
3. Add cranberries, keep on medium, and remember to stir occasionally.
4. Boil for 5 minutes and listen for cranberries to begin popping.
5. The popping signals for you to remove the sauce from the stove and place into a container. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.